Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- As at 09.00, 29 May there were 1,504 probable and confirmed COVID-19 cases in NZ, with 1,474 people recovered.
- There were 164 confirmed and probable cases for Canterbury with 152 recovered.
- New video! Dr Phil Schroeder has released a new video talking about streaming patients. Go to the COVID-19 Videos page.
- 87 general practices are now testing patients for COVID-19.
- The MoH has published updated guidelines for use of PPE at Alert Level 2.
- We have set up a COVID-19 web page – to make things easier to find, go to the COVID-19 Response tab.
- You can order PPE via the button to the left. Please use PPE according to Ministry of Health guidelines as this is a limited resource intended to be used for assessing and testing COVID-suspect patients only. Guidance for use is also available on Community HealthPathways.
- CBACs continue to operate in central Christchurch (Hagley facility and 24 Hour Surgery), Ashburton Hospital, Rolleston, Halswell, Riccarton, Aranui (Nga Hau e Wha), Rangiora, Amberley, Kaikoura. Mobile units are deployed to test patients who are unable to attend their general practice or a CBAC. Mobile units also support Ministry-directed asymptomatic testing in the community.
- The National Telehealth Service is now providing a dedicated COVID-19 telephone advice line for primary and community health clinicians. The number is 0800 177 622, offering clinical support and advice Monday to Saturday 8am-7pm (with the exception of public holidays). See the Ministry’s letter here. However, please keep in mind a wealth of Canterbury specific guidance can be found on Community HealthPathways.
- Healthline’s dedicated COVID-19 phone number is 0800 358 5453 for people concerned about COVID-19. This is free and available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Do you have a question about COVID-19 or the response? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and resources for general practices, pharmacies and other community health facilities on the COVID-19, go to our COVID-19 Response page, Community HealthPathways, or the Ministry of Health website. The Ministry also has a Facebook page: facebook.com/minhealthnz.
For up-to-date emergency notices across the country, visit the Ministry of Civil Defence website. For local information, the Civil Defence Emergency Management Group website provides information across our district. Check with NZTA for updates on road conditions.