Recent Influenza Updates and Resources
Canterbury (along with Australia and some other parts of New Zealand) experienced a very early influenza wave this year. So far, Influenza A has been more prevalent in people over 51 years old and Influenza B has hit the under 40s. For more information on the current situation and recommendations, see the most recent update below.
- CPRG Influenza Update 25/07/2019
- CPRG Influenza Update 27/06/2019
- CPRG Influenza Update 30/05/2019
Click on the below links to download posters.
Christchurch 15/03 Mosque Attacks
Information for cultural and mental health support are available below:
- CPRG 15.03 Event Update 24 May
- CPRG 15.03 Event Update 5 April
- CPRG 15.03 Event Update 28 March
- CPRG 15.03 Event Update 16 March
On May 16 Canterbury health authorities declared the measles outbreak that started in the region on 16 February 2019 officially over.
For up-to-date emergency notices across the country, visit the Ministry of Civil Defence website. For local information, the Civil Defence Emergency Management Group website provides information across our district. Check with NZTA for updates on road conditions.